Sunday, June 17, 2012

I Have the Greatest. .


See this man right here? That is my hero.  Every girl thinks their daddy is the best and strongest and most handsome, but my dad, he really is all those things.


 I remember when I was younger sneaking into the bathroom and watching my dad shave, it fascinated me!  I remember going outside while my dad grilled and throwing a Frisbee. I remember playing Tickle Pickle with my sisters and dad, a game that my dad made up; which consisted of him throwing a blanket over his face and walking around the house like Frankenstein trying to find us, then once he did he would grab us and tickle us.  That game still sorta scares me in a way! :)  I remember my dad picking me up and flipping me around and making my feet "walk" on the ceilings.  I remember going to the park as a family and swinging on the swings and my dad would (clearing throat) well. . .he would just be my dad! ;) I remember my dad putting me on my shoulders when I got tired of walking.  I remember my dad teaching me how to roller blade, and ride a bike and how he kept making me get up and try again.  I remember sitting on his lap while he drove the car and doing the steering, and thinking I was big stuff.  I remember my dad reading me stories and making it up as he went along and never reading what was in front of him.  I remember playing basketball with dad at night.  I remember every Christmas gathering around the tree and dad reading the Christmas story.  I remember dad praying for things and seeing results that were miracles to me as a young child.



As I grow older I am truly so thankful for such a wise father.  Anytime I have a question or not sure what to do in a situation; I know I can turn to him even if it isn't something I want to hear, he tells me what is best for me, because he wants the best for me.  I love him so much and admire him for so many things.  He is such a hard worker, and I love that he taught that to all three of us girls.  He is such an example to me.



Happy Father's Daddy! I love you so much!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! We truly do have the greatest dad..lucky us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this! So thankful to have been raised in such a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete