Saturday, May 12, 2012

Quick Update!!

 Wow these past weeks have gown by so quickly!  The end of April we had a great week filled with fantastic  preaching, and fun activities.  One activity we were able to go to the Dunes and go on a windy and chilly hike.  It was freezing down by the lake, but we had a very enjoyable evening none the less. Once we got back from the hike we made yummy smores!


Lake Michigan


Matthew and I eating tasty smores!! :)

       This past Wednesday the college took an activity to Turkey Run State Park and spent the whole day there.  I had been there once before and was hoping one day to get a chance and go back, and I was able too!  We started off the day by canoeing, now. . . unfortunately I did not get any pictures of this very memorable event.  Our canoe got dumped twice, and the water luckily was not that unbearable, however, once out of the water and in the shade I was in a constant state of frigidness, if there is such a thing! The  canoeing was quite an adventure and loads of fun! :)  After we changed into dry clothes we headed to a pavilion at Turkey Run ate lunch and took off of on one of the trails.  The trail was beautiful and I wish we could have gone through it slower.  



Matthew and I taking a picture break!


Kemisha and Brooke


Brooke and I


Matt climbing up the side of the rock wall. . . 


John and Sarah



Sarah and Me. . I had a hard time getting up on that rock! lol


 We had a great day and it went by too quickly! 

   The evening came to an end by having a short devotional and eating some delicious grilled hamburgers, and the 3 hour ride back to the school!  It was a great last activity of my freshman year!


3 comments:

  1. Lauren, I am so glad I was able to share my last year of college with you. You helped make my senior year very memorable. I love you lots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren!! Great Pics!! We had such a great time :) It was fun hanging out with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time; a good way to close out your freshman year of college!

    ReplyDelete